> My point was that suggesting that reliance
> should not be placed on the DNS has been, is, and most likely will be contrary
> to what happens in the real world.
>
> Rgds,
> -drc

Someone who used to work here at ISI had a saying, "There are no urgent
DNS problems."  I did not believe then and am finding less reason to
do so as time progresses.  An interesting viewpoint is espoused in the
recent draft by Akien et.al. on Middleware.  According to that draft,
we are headed into an Infrastructure that will not work w/o available
support services e.g. policy db, CA/key servers, DHCP/DNS, ad.nausea.

--
--bill