On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 11:53, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:

> One question that I wanted to ask guys into publishing in this list. How
> far does a PDF go into helping typesetting people?
I worked in an advertising company for sometime in Goa. Usually when we
gave out the files for printing, the printers were satisfied by the
Postscript files. However some of the printers wanted a Corel Draw file,
though I suspect in the end they turned them to PS files. PDF are
usually considered low resolution of what you will be getting. They are
only good for previewing.

As far as your printer is concerned, I think he is insisting on having a
scanned copy of the ad because his software may not import PDF. Ask him
if he can use PS files or better still check out if yourself if his
software can import PS files.

Again I should point out that if you convert your docs to PDFs and then
convert to PS there will be a loss in quality.

--
   / \__
  (    @\___    Raj Shekhar