>                                                     ..... PDF are
> usually considered low resolution of what you will be getting. They are
> only good for previewing.

Not necessarily. I think a lot depends on the fonts. PDF files were
created (IIRC) to assist creating online formatted documents where file
sizes were important. But with the right vector definitions of images and
PS fonts, you can have near-arbitrary scale-up from a PDF file.

> As far as your printer is concerned, I think he is insisting on having a
> scanned copy of the ad because his software may not import PDF. Ask him
> if he can use PS files or better still check out if yourself if his
> software can import PS files.

Yes, good advice. :) This guy may not even know how to check, so you'd
better do the checking yourself.

> Again I should point out that if you convert your docs to PDFs and then
> convert to PS there will be a loss in quality.

Not sure how universally true this is. Can you give more details?

Shuvam