> I agree. But then that's not really a fault of the port 80 service; it's
> a limitation of the browser, which feels users will be more than happy to
> get a legible page, and aesthetics be hanged. Maybe someday, Mozilla will
> come out with a better typesetting engine. :)
>
> Shuvam

the html structure is designed with no understanding of typography and
typesetting.

the browser merely parses, using the fonts and the font rendering engine
in the accompanying OS. remove your 'essential' set of fonts from your
OS and you'll see.

ironically, TeX, which is 25 years old, does a great job of typesetting.
would have been much better if web pages were designed 10 years ago, as
*.tex files and a browser parsed it on the localhost. this *.tex file
only needed a few extensions for linking, and MIMEs. that's it. plus a
few more new-stuff technology support.

the other option could have been *.ps file as a web page, highly
condensed, compressed, and with extensions for linking, and other web
technologies.

but sadly, *.html took off, and no matter what happens in the future,
the world is straddled with the billions of html pages out there with
the ugliness of typography. nothing can undo that.

LL