On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 10:16 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> anyway, if yu use xf86config do yu see intel 810 listed anywhere? if not
> most probably upgrading xfree86 will solve the problem, but afaik redhat
> 7.1 includes i810 support
>

> Manoj :::: Vivek I am using plain text only to send mails  and I didn't
> find any intel810 listed while configuring the display using xf86config
> or setup XConfiguration .
> Will upgrading the Xfree86 work ??? I doubt ....

i don't like your mail client. can yu tell me what it is so that i
should never recommend it to anyone. as for upgrading xfree86, i did
that to make it work on intel 845. i had installed mandrake 9.0 which
came with xfree86 4.2 on one of the machines which had i845 based
motherboard. and intel i845 support was in xfree86 4.3 cvs.

so i had to download the cvs, compile it and after everything was done,
i was successfully able to use my intel 845 on mandrake 9.0.

also, it seems your version of xfree86 does not support i810, so
upgrading your X should make a difference as it'll have all the latest
drivers. now how to do it, that yu'll need to find out. but afaik if yu
upgrade it, it'll work.

--
                                        \|||/
                                        (o o)