-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of vivek
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 10:37 AM
To: The Linux-Delhi mailing list
Subject: RE: [ilugd] FW: RH 7.1 GUI not working

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 10:16 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> anyway, if yu use xf86config do yu see intel 810 listed anywhere? if
not
> most probably upgrading xfree86 will solve the problem, but afaik
redhat
> 7.1 includes i810 support
>

> Manoj :::: Vivek I am using plain text only to send mails  and I
didn't
> find any intel810 listed while configuring the display using
xf86config
> or setup XConfiguration .
> Will upgrading the Xfree86 work ??? I doubt ....

i don't like your mail client. can yu tell me what it is so that i
should never recommend it to anyone. as for upgrading xfree86, i did
that to make it work on intel 845. i had installed mandrake 9.0 which
came with xfree86 4.2 on one of the machines which had i845 based
motherboard. and intel i845 support was in xfree86 4.3 cvs.

so i had to download the cvs, compile it and after everything was done,
i was successfully able to use my intel 845 on mandrake 9.0.

Manoj >>> Hi Vivek
looks like I am also stuck in the same problem My m/c also has intel 845
chipset which is not supported by RH 7.1

My code has dependency on RH 7.1 so I can't change the RH to another
version Will you please tell me what all I need to do to upgrade it to
Xfree86 4.3 cvs As I tried upgrading it had several dependencies and one
of them was kernel-drm which is again a problem Please assist .....

also, it seems your version of xfree86 does not support i810, so
upgrading your X should make a difference as it'll have all the latest
drivers. now how to do it, that yu'll need to find out. but afaik if yu
upgrade it, it'll work.

--
                                        \|||/
                                        (o o)

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or [EMAIL
PROTECTED] immediately