Fri 9-Apr-2004:: ILUG-D activity in last 7 days:
New events:2   Total events:23
What:March meeting ILUGD - Linux Security for Newbies and Professionals
When:Sun, Mar 28, 2004 - 02:00PM
Where:Electronics For You: Training Centre
Contact:Tarun Dua
Category:Upcoming/Recent Events

Announcement: March meeting ILUGD - Linux Security
When: Sunday 28th March, 14:00hrs-17:00 hrs  Where:Electronics For You: Training Centre
D-88/5, Okhla Indl Area
Phase-1
New Delhi-20.
(Training room is on the first floor)
Directions:
* Come to Kalkaji Mandir crossing (near Balaji estate)
* Assuming you are coming from Nehru Place, turn right towards Okhla (those coming
from Escorts' side will have to turn left)
* Continue down this road for 1-2 kilometers* You will reach a circle...continue ahead
* Airtel HQ will come on the left...good...keep going
* DD Motor's building will come...turn left from there
* 100 mtrs down the road and you will see a small gray building on the left with EFY
printed on a circular glowsign...that's nearest point to venue
* The training room is located at a building on the same street...50 ft away (and the
guard will happily guide you)...
Program:
1. An introductory talk on the philosophy behind Linux: By Raj Shekhar
2. Explaining Encryption: by Eshwar
3. Setting up IPSec on Linux : by AMS(Abhijeet Menon Sen)
4. Linux Security Tools: by Akshay Lamba
5. Raj Mathur(GPG Keysigning)
6. Q&A session/Choose the next meet's Agenda
7. Tea/Coffee+Snacks
Standby Speakers: , Tarun Dua(Practical Linux Security)
Contact: Tarun Dua: 9811912182...

What:ILUG-Delhi pre-flashmob supercomputer meet
When:Sun, Apr 11, 2004 - 01:00PM
Where:BB/3G DDA Flats, Munirka
Contact:Raju Mathur
Category:Upcoming/Recent Events

Discuss whether supercomputer is feasible.
Finalise resource requirements.
Allocate work :)

Directions:   1. Come to Outer Ring Road upto IIT or Vasant Vihar
              2. If coming from IIT, cross Africa Avenue (right-hand T
                 junction)
              3. Turn left at 3rd T junction after that.  Landmark:
                 Udipi resturant.  You are on Street B, Munirka.
                 Goto 6.
              4. If coming from Vasant Vihar side, cross Vasant Vihar
                 bus depot.  Cross next T junction (which leads to R K
                 Puram Sector I on the left).
              5. Turn right at next T junction. Landmark: Udipi
                 resturant.  You are on Street B, Munirka.
              6. (COMMON) Turn left on second street to the left.  You
                 are on Street BB.
              7. Climb up to III floor of 3rd block of houses on your
                 left (Block BB/3).
              8. Ring bell/knock on door to the left of the stair
                 head.  Give password ``Raju ban gaya politician''
                 otherwise you'll be assumed to be an officer of the
                 law and shot out of hand....

New Discussion forum postings:3   Total postings:80
1. Category:Distributions  Author:Ashutosh
Subject:Mandrake Community edition 10.0 required
Date:Apr 02, 2004
Hi!

I am looking for latest mandrake release,if it is available
with somebody.
TIA,
ashutosh...

2. Category:Programming  Author:Mayank Kaushik
Subject:Making a PVM Clone
Date:Apr 03, 2004
Hi guys

Im in Delhi College of Engineering, 3rd yr , Electronics and Telecom. me and my friend
are going to try and build a c...

3. Category:Installation  Author:Nitin Madnani
Subject:RE:FEDORA CORE-1 DISAPPOINTED ME FOR THE SECOND TIME!
Date:Apr 07, 2004
> 0.did run the test for checksum before installing for all 3 cd's
> 1.manually formatted partition to ext3.
> 2.did not make...

New news items:2   Total news items:22
1. Category:Job Openings  Author:Joel lema
Subject:Experienced Linux Developer for custom Kernel Distributions
Date:Apr 05, 2004
Experienced Linux developer wanted for projects consisting of creating custom Linux
distributions for small embedded type systems. Needs to have kernel configuration
experience.(especially with 2.6 )...

2. Category:News/Announcements  Author:Mayank Jain
Subject:A new Linux User Group @ Maharaja Agarsen Institute of Technology, Delhi
Date:Apr 01, 2004
We @ Maharaja Agarsen Institute of Technology have started a Linux User Group. visit
http://www.maitlug.tk...

New downloads:0 Total downloads:29
New members:22   Total members:2650
1. Aditya Chopra, Other, Delhi, India
2. Ajay Singh, Novice, India
3. Ashutosh, Novice, India
4. Gaurav Sharma, User, India
5. George Middlecote, Novice, Delhi, India
6. Jan Sorpola, Power User, India
7. Joel lema, Novice, India
8. Kabagambe Kenneth, Novice, India
9. Karan Mitra, User, delhi, India
10. Kartik Sachdev, Other, NCR, India
11. Mayank Jain, Novice, India
12. Neeraj Arora, Novice, India
13. Nitin, Novice, India
14. Rajneesh sharma, Novice, delhi, India
15. Ramkumar Balraj, Power User, Delhi, India
16. Samit, Novice, Delhi, India
17. Saravana Vinayakam, Power User, Andhra Pradesh, India
18. Saravanakumar kumar, Other, Andhra Pradesh, India
19. Saseendra Babu Unnithan, User, Kerala, India
20. Shinu shinu, User, kerala, India
21. Sonika Singhal, User, Delhi, India
22. Sumit Saha, Power User, West Bengal, India

Send your suggestions, comments or feedback to 'nkapoor at webrachna dot com'