LCA is http://linux.conf.au .

> Live and let live, even the suits/managers have got to talk about something
> :-)

That is fine.  We are not talking about disrupting the event, but just
making the speakers aware that the event is being sponsored by MS
      .  Check out this article
<http://samba.org/samba/news/articles/low_point/column11.html> by Samba
hacker Jeremy Allison. Specifically this quote
"
The only sparks that flew where when Microsoft made it abundantly clear
that they would use their patent portfolio to prevent the spread of GPL
software.
"

Given their past behavior, I find it hard to believe that MS will not
use the stall to counter the free software message.  Given their deep
pockets, they *can* force you to alter your agenda.  Consider this case
- LUG-delhi dropped out of LA since one of their concerns was the
presence of MS.  Quite a few of us did not submit talks since LUG-Delhi
had dropped out.

Maybe if the LA organizers are aware of the negative impact of involving
MS they would think about it harder the next time around.

--
raj shekhar
facts: http://rajshekhar.net | opinions: http://rajshekhar.net/blog