On 2/8/07, Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You meant to be satirical but I think your suggestion is an excellent
> one! Well during election times do you see people being asked to come
> to Delhi and visit the Rashtrapati Bhavan in case they want to be a
> part of the electoral process? Before taking any decision, you do not
> take a decision and "inform" the members of the same, you give the
> members the details of the situation and "ask" for their opinion and
> continue to do so until some semblance of a consensus on a possible
> course of action emerges. Especially for ILUGD which started out as a
> mailing list, why have voting / decision-making behind closed doors.
> It's not very difficult to have an online voting setup, why don't we
> have that?
>
> Regards,
> Anupam Jain

Do u see any democracy having online voting.
only opinion polls are conducted online and we are not talking about opinion
polls here.
People are not asked to come to Delhi but they  are expected to queue up at
the polling booth  before they cast thier vote behind closed doors.

where does voting happen in the open  even an open ballot happens behind
closed doors .

all  decision-making  happens behind closed doors because you elected the
representatives.
next u might want to invited to cabinet meetings.

Regards
Sriram