[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> as far as I am concerned, both gpl and bsd style licenses have their place. I
> would reserve gpl for really innovative code (and there is very little of
> that)
> and keep bsd style licenses for the rest. Incidently how come things like
> apache
> and postgresql are surviving inspite of bsd style licenses - not to speak
> about
> perl, php, python etc etc. Or are the authors of all these morons who dont
> understand what is freedom?

I agree. I am not asking everyone to switch to BSD-style licenses; but
rather refrain from eliminating a BSD-style license as an option.
BSD-style licenses are required to keep "balance" in the software world.

Anything is excess is bad, and in a world where "good" is a relative
term, it is not tough to interpret FSF's actions as monopolistic.
Basically you could say that the FSF is the Microsoft of the other side :)

--
Anant