Kenneth Gonsalves writes:

> name some. or name at least one or two (stick to those without lucky
> and talented developers because we have already established that bsd
> +luck+talent != danger)

Sure.

I just need a list of names of projects that are important && that
will be unlucky && that will not have very talented developers sustaining
development of the project as it grows.

I lack clairvoyant powers myself and I don't have a research team on tap for
assessing how good a project is.

But I can give you an algorithm you can use to help you along:

1. Go to sourceforge or freshmeat and get your research team to list the BSD
licenced projects that sound cool and haven't hit mainstream MS windows usage
yet.

2. Use your clairvoyance to figure out which project is going to be unlucky and
which is going to be unable to keep talent interested in sustaining development
if the software is usurped.

They're the projects at risk of losing dominance to MS, which can usurp the code
and throw lots of people to Embrace->Extend->Extinguish the original.

PJ