On 11/09/2007, Vikas Rawal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Off the topic, at the end of the day, I was unable to install ubuntu
> on the machine either. It was a new AMD dual core HP laptop with
> broadcom wireless lan and nvidia graphics card. Ubuntu feisty fawn did
> not install either with the regular i386 CD or with the alternate
> CD. I had an edubuntu 6.06 CD at hand but that would not install
> either.

My machine specs match and this is going out using Ubuntu on wireless.

You need to blacklist bcm43xx driver and use ndiswrapper to install
the original windows inf file. See my blog at blog.sudev.in for
details.

Sudev Barar

See you at 'Freed.in - freedom in technology & software' - India's
leading free and open source community event. 28- 29 September 2007,
New Delhi. Entry free, on first come basis. Register at
http://Freed.in