On 9/12/07, Ravi Shanker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 22:46 +0530, Goldwyn Rodrigues wrote:
> > > I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop. I have an existing
> Airtel DSL
> > > Connection at home.I want to share this internet connection with my
> laptop
> > > through a wireless router. My DSL modem is connected to my desktop via
> > > Ethernet. I have never bought a wireless router so dont know what to
> look
> > > for and what to watch out for.
> >
> > If you wish to save on electricity and the the numbers of wires coming
> > from your switch board, you can ask Airtel to give you a DSL
> > Modem+router. They usually supply a D-Link one.
> >
> > > I would be really thankful if any of you could provide me with some
> helpful
> > > hints.
> > >
> > > Another question that I have is how do i go about installing Ubuntu on
> this
> > > laptop. Should i format the drive,install ubuntu and then install the
> Vista
> > > Home Preimium that comes along with it.
> > > The pre paritioned configuration has a recovery partition also.Whatsthat
> > > bit for, and does it need to be recreated for Vista to run??
> The recovery partition you got in HP is its specific drive, where your
> vista is backup up.

I have Dell not HP.

Did you get the VISTA bootable install CD? I think
> you didnt.

I did. But the OS came preinstalled.

> And bro, I have used Vista on friends PC, liked its Interface and minute
> work in UI/Presentation,

Umm...Have only been using it for like a week. But somehow  it just feels
like its changed for changing. And  im trying to reduce my dependance on
WIndows and related software. havent taken that pirated office CD from my
friend. Using open office, no prbs so far.

--
Puneet