Asheesh, you yourself had specified the reason for the screen flicker...
The high voltage powerline produces a magnetic field strong enough make your
monitor flicker at 60Hz...
Think yourself, if your monitor is faulty, then why it doesn't flicker at
higher referesh rates.
The only solution that i can suggest is to keep your monitor at lower
resolution though at higher refresh rate, or try taking your monitor a bit
away from the high-tension wires., and if you can... then upgrade your
hardware.

Regards
Shamail Tayyab