On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think advocacy of a product in the process of being open sourced is
> ok. In fact should be done as more people trying out and using the
> product because it is being open sourced would
Officially, is this a FOSS list or a Linux list.
If its the latter, in that case any objection to advocacy of anything
else(which includes FreeBSD etc.) is not proper.
Internationally I have seen LUG(s) which are LINUX user groups, and
FUG(s), which are Free OSS etc,. groups.
Both cater to different things.
Not all FOSS is Linux, so if a list is advertised as a Linux Users
Group list, then the primary focus should be "Linux", with passing
mention of other open source and free software projects.