+++ Kenneth Gonsalves [25/06/08 11:15 +0530]:
>> In other words, when the future of the open source efforts of a closed
>> source project is not certain and can possibly end with a less than
>> admirable
>> result, would you still spend years promoting it and ending up like an
>> indignant fool at the end?
>
>it is more likely to wind up fully open source if we allow them in
>than if we only allow them in when they are fully 'purified'

Even though it seems very similar, I think the issue is the difference
between words and deeds.

Would it be okay for people to discuss and advocate M$  "Opensource"
initiative here? Java wasn't discussed till it got finally Open sourced.
Even though people have been calling for it to be Open sourced for
years, and Sun saying that they are considering it.

Ok. I feel I am moving in circles out here, and I would stop now. :)

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
http://blog.sandipb.net