On 30-Jun-08, at 9:46 PM, Jasbir Khehra wrote:

> Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> On 30-Jun-08, at 6:05 PM, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> software is knowledge. Knowledge cannot be bought or sold. It can
>> only be shared.
>>
> Bought any books lately?

yes - bought two, one on blender and one on django. Strangely enough,
both books are available on the net for free download. Yet I forked
out a total 49 euro for one and 39 usd for the other. The sharer of
knowledge is entitled to be compensated for the cost of sharing. Note
that if I had downloaded it, he would not have got that compensation.
But since I prefer dead tree based material to digital stuff I gladly
paid my contribution towards the work he did to document and
communicate his knowledge and the money spent to inscribe this on
dead trees.

I also bought several books of fiction which are another type of
thing altogether.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves