+++ Kenneth Gonsalves [30/06/08 14:11 +0530]:

>I would tend to the opinion that sale of any software, let alone FOSS
>is illegal, immoral and an act of cheating - the only point is, that
>the courts have to recognise this.

According to all FOSS licences, the software itself need not be
available to be downloadable to public - only to the customer (You can't
restrain your
customers from distributing it though) But the essence being that all
the rights the licences talk about, are that of the paying customer.

If that is the case, why cannot one sell software with source along
with all the other freedoms given by the licence? What is immoral about
it? When you are using the term 'immoral', you mean it is the violation
of certain principles/intent of the licence. What violation do you see
here?

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya