Sorry for this post, but I do not want to hurt and "hindi-wali feelings"
inside your soft heart.

Just saw this website -- http://www.hindawi.in/en_US/
run the flash intro and see the code snippet in Hindi.

Coding structure in Hindi gave a big laugh on my face. I was unable to
control myself.
I have not downloaded the software But one natural question arise in mind,,

*Can we code in Hindi???*

My answer is NO, and even if we able to code then also it will be of NO use.

I do not know , why somebody will run these type of software. Coding in
Hindi will be really tuff (at least for me) and more over the worst part may
happen on one day when the moronic idealistic and policy maker may introduce
computer education of Hindi Coding at junior classes level.

Writing English, speaking English and typing C++ code (which has some
English keywords) is totally different. Even "Kanitkar" has some books in
Hinglish. "hindi bhashi can read them also".

As a programmer I know, changing platform and language is not easy. It takes
time . But If I have to shift from English keywords to Hindi keywords it
will be really tuff and impossible task. A Hindawi-programmer will also feel
same problem while shifting to actual language.

Even this project is getting FOSS awards also. ?????????

In my view it is not a useful effort and will not make any sense. It may be
used as a "proof of concept" which tell that "you can make equivalent Hindi
or lets say Telugu keywords for any computer language like C++ or XML". They
are just using gcc backend.

my single question is "when will be become free from cage of ideology"?

Let me give a very good example -- I have attended 1-2 classes of a course
at IITD, the lecturer was a famous  artist, He was digitizing some art-work
of a village, he was having some illiterate artists --"village females" .
After a small training, those female were having good command in photoshop,
and those females made their own terminologies to talk and explain each
other for photoshop.
In my View Language is not barrier in case of "software and software
languages". All we (Indians) need is a good training. FOSS activities should
be concentrate on content and its quality, rather then such "proof of
concept" projects.

Let me very specific to the question "Do we really need localization at
software and software languages, taking into consideration of Indian
progress and total number of common english users". Localization of some
software may make sense in some sense but how come it make sense for
software language

Please do not take it on heart. Guide me, I may be wrong !!

--
┌───[ Narendra Sisodiya ]──────────────┐
│ http://narendra.techfandu.org │