2008/9/23 narendra sisodiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Sandeep Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> 2008/9/23 narendra sisodiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> > *Can we code in Hindi???*
>> >
>> > My answer is NO, and even if we able to code then also it will be of NO
>> > use.
>> >
>> > I do not know , why somebody will run these type of software. Coding in
>> > Hindi will be really tuff (at least for me) and more over the worst part
>> > may
>> > happen on one day when the moronic idealistic and policy maker may
>> > introduce
>> > computer education of Hindi Coding at junior classes level.
>> >

>> Let us not undermine somebody's effort. It takes a lot to think out of the
>> box.
>> I'm pretty sure if the Chaudharys did this for European languages they
>> would
>> have got a lot more than they have it now.
>>

> I am not underestimating the efforts but
> Have you ever attended any "policy making meeting" ?? I have and I am sick
> of their ideologistic approaches and statements...
> I am worring that "they will include this in syllabus some day".
> I intentionally asking , why we indian, try to reinvent/copy the wheel.
>

> PS:  Is anybody making effort for deriving "newton's law in hindi". Coding
> is a universal language which has english words.

Narendra,
Actually you are asking the wrong question. It should have been "Can
*someone* code in Hindi"? (replacing "we" by "someone")
You already know a language and so you can't think of programming it
somehow else (Isn't that something we already know? Windows ppl don't
want to switch to linux because they already know how to work in
windows?)
But, what if you were to give this to a person who never studied
english? I don't have a single piece of doubt that one can code in
hindi. After all, its just keywords right, as you accepted?  Don't
hindi medium schools teach maths in Hindi?
As you yourself said, coding is a universal language, someone here is
just replacing the keywords. If a 5th class guy can write "maan lo"
instead of "let" in his maths problem, then what is stopping him to
use similar equivalents of all keywords?
No one is reinventing/copying the wheel here, what they are trying is
that it is easier for a cycle owner to get a cycle tyre so that he
doesn't have to necessarily fit in a motorbike's in there..
-Shantz