> >> Let us not undermine somebody's effort. It takes a lot to think out of
> the
> >> box.
> >> I'm pretty sure if the Chaudharys did this for European languages they
> >> would
> >> have got a lot more than they have it now.

Gora has said correctly. English is the language of a few, he has already
given figures. I, being from literature side, have seen the the concerns of
Enlish speaking people are quite different from those of Indian languages.
Its unfortunate that we have to settle with English as we have almost killed
Sanskrit. But the Hindi we use today is not the actual form. The way Hebrew
came to life again we should rather work on Sanskrit. Which has strong roots
in our glorious past and a lot of valuavle text is available in Sanskrit.
Even NASA scientists say that Sanskrit is the best language for computers as
well as AI.

"There is at least one language, Sanskrit, which for the duration of almost
1000 years was a living spoken language with a considerable literature of
its own. Besides works of literary value, there was a long philosophical and
grammatical tradition that has continued to exist with undiminished vigor
until the present century. Among the accomplishments of the grammarians can
be reckoned a method for paraphrasing Sanskrit in a manner that is identical
not only in essence but in form with current work in Artificial
Intelligence. This article demonstrates that a natural language can serve as
an artificial language also, and that much work in AI has been reinventing a
wheel millenia old."

"The comparison of the analyses shows that the Sanskrit sentence when
rendered into triples matches the analysis arrived at through the
application of computer processing. That is surprising, because the form of
the Sanskrit sentence is radically different from that of the English. For
comparison, the Sanskrit sentence is given here: Maitrah: sauhardyat
Devadattaya odanam ghate agnina pacati."

http://www.gosai.com/science/sanskrit-nasa.html

Swapnil