!--
                @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in }
                P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }
        -->Mr sudhanwa,

Thank you for insulting me by
your earlier posting.ButI respectfully agree to disagree that
topic is at dead end. Many groups are discussing . If you don't want
to discuss please leave us peacefully.. Many time people end and
issued remained. Many unresolved issued are their in FLOSS.And also I
want make you small advise because I might be or may not elder to
you. I am fifty year old  and debated a lot .i have less English
knowledge than you. Excuse me for this. Is public list are meant for
insulting each other. You have publicly insulted me on this list ,
threatened me and  my websites  .Today you have come on polite note
advising abcde topics  . Can you sincerely tell me  Who has
authorized you to insult me  like that. Are you acting on behalf of
red hat .Please let me know that .Are you employee of red hat .Please
let me know .Public list and your insult and on your insult many
others had insulted and made big fun of this topic. This pained me a
lot. You should not have done this. On public list discuss the topic
with giving respect to others .This kind of arm twisting never helps
Linux community. Just because I discuss a topic  nothing will happen
to red hat. I still remain a great fan of  red hat  and accepting the
the fact that i was not able to convince the leader of open source on
the pitfalls of dual policy. Keeping two legs  on two different ships
will damage the entity. Red hat should not  become victim of  keeping
its leg on two ships.
Actually I am red Hat fan .I am pained
because of their dual policy. One for fedora and  one for RHEL I have
used red hat version 5.2 6.2 7.2 7.3 8 9 and Fedora 1-9 and white box
centos debain koppix etc.I have very little knowledge about GPL. From
the last ten years I am reader of PC Quest and recently Linux for you
 .The article published in Linux for you made me think very seriously
that some thing is very much wrong .Either red hat is correct or GPL
is insufficient to tackle the threat of trade mark.  The fedora is
distributable in unmodified form .RHEL is made or derived  out of
Fedora and same license need to be followed  (BASICS OF GPL TELLS
THIS) But RHEL has different Trademark policy. Why this dual policy.
Earlier red hat was one distribution. It was redistributable .Many
books were publishing that with CD. Red hat charging fees for
support. Up to this was fine .2003 it abruptly stopped  red hat and
started RHEL.. And after some time started  fedora. Fedora has GPL
redistributable unmodified distribution. RHEL GPL non distributable.
Total RHEL which is distributed in CD is commercial .No body can
distribute the CD as a Linux distribution Reason is it is
commercially distributed  by red hat. Red hat says that buyer will
get confused. Please note that no body get confused as every buyer of
CD knows that he is buying CD which is GPL and GPL does not give
support and for support definitely they go for supporting companies.
Any body might pay Rs 50 or Rs 100  for Linux distribution CD. Buyer
knows that he is buying GPL version without any support. But the fact
that inside all GPL packages are redistributable and individual
packaged does not give any guarantee of support as GPL does not give
any guarantees to user. Now Confusion is every were .Fedora GPL and
RHEL Commercial .In mean while Linux Trade Mark of Linux creator
Linus Thorvald. But  see the fun .Red hat uses Linux Trade Mark .Only
want to money for its red hat marks. Linux Kernel is GPL and several
thousand  applications are GNU GPL. But even does not care to put
penguin mark. Earlier versions penguin was there. Please not that
Linux creator Linus Thorvald has trade marked Linux but kept in
public domain. As Linux is and forever  GPL..Let the red hat also be
in like that. Today fedora is community Linux  distribution and
community is supporting as it did for red hat for several years.
Please not that dual policies of red hat are creating lot of
confusion. When we call fedora community distribution and RHEL is
based on this version ,logic says that RHEL simply extend GPL in
RHEL.
Finally RHEL is commercial. Red Hat is
corporate company. If suppose tomorrow the commercial mangers of the
company after seeing the market of Linux growing in fedora may decide
that  fedora is sold to some  one else and they have the same trade
mark policy of RHEL then open community will be in vacuum. Please
note that Fedora is trade mark property of Red hat. It can sell to
any body.
Because of growing popularity of Linux
many commercial ventures are taking shape with big money and arm
twisting tactics and they will twist the GPL to their advantage .Many
well paid lawyers will make the life of GPL miserable.
I am fan of Red Hat .A great open
source company .i am pained by their dual policy. One for fedora and
one for RHEL. Red hat one mistake can take open source  bleeding. I
have nothing personal against any body..Let us support red hat , you
and me and all and make them realize that , one policy is makes red
hat a transparent .Otherwise  commercial  groups  taking advantage of
RED hat dual policy and they will give such big blow that FOSS will
tatter under their attack.

I am agreeable to discuss the topic
what you mentioned  on  GPL Copyrights and trademarks and learn them
. But under the same topic .It make sense that a burning topic
already published Linux For You Magzine and many people express their
views and finally prepare a draft paper submit it to Redhat  and
Linux for you and FSF and National law University for debate. Leave
the out come to public. You and I cannot do anything .

I am follower of Ghnadiji .You hit on
my face one side I shall offer you second side of my face .I am least
bothered about your insult. Even red hat believes in Gandhigiri.
Please see the red hat movie truth happens. Jeethe rahu munnabhai is
best film.
M.S.Yatnatti

KPN UNLIMITED Corporate Office:No.18/6, Executive chambers, Cunningham Road,
Bangalore – 560052. WEBSITE www.kpnunlimited.org