On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Naresh Narang <nknar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --
> >
> > Okay.. just to ask, Can you please tell me what actually happened to
> > my system when i changed the permission of /etc directory? Why my
> > system done into an inconsistent state? While as much theory i have
> > read during my engineering about OSs, i hadn't done anything
> > special/severe in that..
> >
> > --
> >
> In short - you &$@:ed up an experimental system. No big deal. Lesson
> learnt. Reinstall the whole damn thing and you're back in business.
>
> --Naresh

Yes.. i am back in business now..:)

@Raj Sir, I have not committed any crime :P.. I have a red hat background
and writing apache files was very easy in that if you are logged in as
root. In ubuntu it was creating a problem for me and that's why without
searching about that i just changed to whole directory permission B-) ...
And thanks to all of you for telling this valuable information.

--
Regards
RAKESH KUMAR