From: iMac List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles
Martin
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:26 PM
To: iMac List
Subject: Re: Intel Mac Review

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Currently Windows cannot be booted onto the new x86 Macs.

"Cannot" is a strong word that really needs a "so far" appended on
it. The statement is, however, true (for the time being).

>   Windows
> requires BIOS.  The Macs are EFI-based.

Also correct.

>   MS has stated that an
> EFI-compatible Vista will be released eventually.

This is incorrect. MS has said that Vista will have native support
for EFI from day one.

>   That version will
> boot on the x86 Macs.

Incorrect. You don't know this to be true. Having EFI support does
not guarantee that Windows Vista will run on an Intel Mac (there is
no such thing as an x86 Mac, because Apple has never released a
computer that runs on x86 chips except to a small pool of developers).

It is perfectly fair to speculate that a way may be found for Windows
Vista to be booted on Intel Macs, but until it's actually been done
it's vapourware. IMHO, vapourware is one Windows concept we don't
need "ported over" to the Mac, thank you.

Cheers
Chas

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:  <mailto:imac-list@mail.maclaunch.com>