On Feb 2, 2006, at 4:33 am, Mike Burns wrote:

I want to change my default Mail directory. I go into Mail --> Preferences and then the Accounts "tab." I select the "Advanced" button and halfway down the page there's a field to change the Account Directory, but it is grayed out, and if I type on it, the typing has no effect. There's also a "Choose" button beside the type in field, but it is grayed out also. I don't see any lock to click on (like in System Prefs) or any way to un-gray these things. I'm probably missing something very simple. Can anyone help me figure out what to do? BTW, I'm using Mail 2.0.5, with Mac OS X 10.4.4.

I get the same result (I'm using Mail 1.3 on Panther) when looking at an existing account; the choose button is only active when creating a new mail account.

Miche.