Dave,

I did it, and can attest that Midnight Rider is right: you do need a
good video card and at least a gig of RAM for it to run adequately. An
ATI Radeon Pro will give decent performance, but no Core Image.
Flashed fanless Nvidia 6200 cards are cheap, will speed up your system
and give you access to all the visual candy Leopard has to bestow.
(Their only caveat is a very long startup time, which can be avoided
by disabling their thermal sensors.)

Robert is also right in that it will undoubtedly run slower than
Tiger. In my personal experience, the difference wasn't too bad.

For some reason, Leopard Assist didn't work in my case, so I had to do
the firmware trick manually. Make sure your machine's firmware is up
to date, though, or Leopard will NOT install at all. I don't remember
if it was 4.1.9 or .4.2.8.

Hope it helps.

Felix