On Sep 23, 2010, at 10:08 PM, Steven wrote:

Exposé is much more powerful than you think.

Exposé is fine, but sometimes either Quartz or the GPU blows up.

90 text files is nothing compared to 112 QuickTime movies (and that's on a three year old iMac with just a gig of ram):

Don't be so sure. At the compositor level, I suspect only the size of the pixel data matters. Bit depth is fixed at 32, so it's down to the window bounds. Text windows are generally full-page size, maybe three or four times the size of a YouTube video.

You should go ahead and try Exposé with all those windows open,

I just hit F9, and it took 7 seconds before the clock resumed.

though just to be safe you should probably try it when you have saved everything and finished for the day (if my computer crashes while I am playing with QuickTime I can just restart it. When you are doing real work, however, you can't take any chances).

The worst I've seen was teh GPU asplode, fixed after wake from sleep.

Josh