Greetings Walter,

I think your problem is ownership!
Select each drive and then using the drop-down menu "get info" for all
of your drives.
When that information appears on the desktop, near the bottom is
"Sharing & Permissions"
Make sure that the pointer is pointing down, exposing the contained
information.
Then make the information for the "Locked Disk's" the same as your
main boot disk.
Under no circumstance select the the drop-down menu "Apply to enclosed
items"

You will need to unlock the "Sharing & Permissions" to make any
changes.

Cheers

Harry
San Jose, Ca.