Thanks Jim.

On 10-10-07 9:47 PM, Jim Emery wrote:
Hi Walter,

Tina is correct. If the permissions in the Get Info window appear as custom, this indicates that ACLs are in effect. You can check this in the Terminal using the following commands:

cd /Volumes
ls -le

Access Control Lists provide more granular control of permissions than POSIX permissions. Clearing ACLs is one of Apple's suggested methods for file system troubleshooting.