On 30/10/10 10:39PDT, Steven wrote:
On Oct 30, 2010, at 12:01 PM, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

On 30/10/10 09:39PDT, Mystic Prowler wrote:
Intelbook? I would keep all of the original names. But really, the new
names sound horrible. I really like all of the old names.

Like the Power(pc)Book?

1991: Apple introduces the first PowerBook computers
1994: Apple introduces the first Macintosh computers with PowerPC processors
1995: Apple introduces the first PowerBook with a PowerPC processor

The "Power" in PowerBook has nothing to do with PowerPC and predates the
PowerPC transition by years. The PowerBook name already spanned two processors, why
couldn't it continue into the Intel era? My guess is that Steve Jobs wanted to erase
anything that he didn't create, which is why the only PowerPC names left are iMac and Mac
Mini.

Probably because Steve realized that "Power"Book was irretrievably linked to "Power"PC. And I should have remembered my PowerBook 145b!

The way things are headed with the MacBook Air and the Mac App Store, we'll probably see a new model called the "AppleBook" or, for short, the "AppBook"

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is ... oh, never mind."