I've read it's because they wanted to have "mac" in all the names. It makes
SOME sort of sense, but, I mean, come on, people would have to be pretty stupid
to not know that an "iBook" is a Mac laptop. iBook sounds way better then
Macbook. :P

I personally don't care that much what kind of processor I have. Sure, I would
prefer it not be Intel, but I've been using my Intel iMac for 3 yrs now, and
it's plenty fast and powerful for graphic design, web design, photoshop, etc. I
think it's inevitable that Apple switch away from the Intel processors. They're
so big now, that it doesn't make sense to be tied to another giant company, and
with what we've seen with them developing the A4, it'll probably lead to them
developing their own processors for the Mac.

        -Elliott