On Jan 21, 1:41 pm, Jonas Ulrich <jonasulrich3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't say they are THAT
> rare.http://cgi.ebay.com/SONNET-ENCORE-ST-G4-1Ghz-1000MHZ-mac-CPU-/2206934…

Uh, I do hate to burst your bubble, Jonas, but that's a CPU upgrade
for a G4 PowerMac, not a G3. Check the description and the list of
supported machines... *Doing the "I told you so" dance*

I do agree that buying a G4 PowerMac makes much more sense for the
money. You get a way better logic board, support for up to 1.5 or 2
full gigs of RAM, AGP graphics and so forth --a whole technological
quantum leap from a Smurf.

Felix

P.S. I do love your Hackintosh website. *But I'm still doing the "I
told you so" dance*