G4 computers are older than intel Macs, but using a G3 is absolutely
unbearable. A G4 processor at least has Velocity Engine, which is very
useful and makes the processor more responsive. A G3, is like a dumbed
version of a G4. Even in today's world, A G4 is useful, a G3 is history. A
G5 is really good, because it's improved AltiVec code, but not only that
it's 64-bit. If you spend a little more money, idk, like $200-$250, you can
pick yourself up a nice single core 1.8 or 2GHz G5 Power Mac.