On Jan 23, 5:41 pm, Mystic Prowler <coolmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> G4 computers are older than intel Macs, but using a G3 is absolutely
> unbearable. A G4 processor at least has Velocity Engine, which is very
> useful and makes the processor more responsive. A G3, is like a dumbed
> version of a G4. Even in today's world, A G4 is useful, a G3 is history. A
> G5 is really good, because it's improved AltiVec code, but not only that
> it's 64-bit. If you spend a little more money, idk, like $200-$250, you can
> pick yourself up a nice single core 1.8 or 2GHz G5 Power Mac.

Well, it all depends. My Pismo with 1GB of RAM does not do all the
things I want to do when working at a computer, but it does do all the
basic things I NEED: use MS Office or NeoOffice for work, check my
email, and browse the Web. Plus, it plays music, Internet radio, and
DVD movies. It lags a little, but not to the point that it gets
irritating.

On the other hand, my 300Mhz Wallstreet does all those things, too,
and efficiently, but it's really too slow for real work, unless you
just want to use it as a word processor --in which case it's perfect.
Very few distractions, and the best keyboard EVER.