HI!

Mark Crispin wrote:

>> Anyway, the first problem is, that the client cannot find the standard
>> folders or any folder. This is what it happens during initial sync
>
> Well, although it is a bit strange that it seems to have listed the #mh/
> namespace (which you don't have enabled) but not the default namespace,
> I don't see anything wrong in the transcript.  There's nothing wrong
> with it trying the #mh/ namespace, but it should have listed the default
> namespace as well.  The only bad thing that might have come from that is
> that it wouldn't show any mailboxes other than INBOX.

Yes, that's exactly the problem for that case. It's not that the client
does not work at all.

It does only show my INBOX, no other folder (sent, trash or any custom
folder).

So, since it insists on only querying the #mh namespace, I tried enabled
#mh in uw-imap.

I created ~/.mh_profile with the only line:
Path:mail

Because my folders are in ~/mail, only INBOX is in /var/spool/mail/thomas.

But I already have set the mail subfolder in /etc/c-client.cf:
set mail-subdirectory mail

Anyway, still uw-imap does not list my folders, when the client is
querying #mh/.

> The transcript shows that it looked up all messages that arrived since
> August 5, and it clearly did 30 other commands (probably fetching those
> messages) before entering IDLE mode.  Once it's in IDLE mode, there's no
> particular reason for it to exit the IDLE unless a new message comes in.
>
> So, what is the client doing that you think is wrong?

In this case, it was still "syncing". But initial sync should be done
after the fetch of the messages of the last 7 days, not take forever.

Thomas