On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Thomas Börkel wrote:
When I enter something for "root folder", then it uses this instead of
#mh/. But I have to enter the FULL path, like "/home/mythtv/mail"!?
If I enter "/", it searches in the root of my hard drive...

It should be the empty string since you are setting mailsubdir.

Otherwise, don't set mailsubdir, and instead set "root folder" to "mail".

Why do I have to enter the full local path as "root folder" in the
client, although I configured the "mail" path of my home directory in
/etc/c-client.cf?
Why do I have that "mail" IMAP folder in the client?

Because that is apparently the way that your client works.

If I had to guess, setting "root folder" makes it ignore the namespaces and instead do what set in "root folder". But since you set up a mailsubdir, setting root folder to "mail" would cause mail/mail which is not what you want. The absolute path overrides what mailsubdir would do.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc