On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Thomas Börkel wrote:
The only bad thing that might have come from that is
that it wouldn't show any mailboxes other than INBOX.
Yes, that's exactly the problem for that case. It's not that the client
does not work at all.
It does only show my INBOX, no other folder (sent, trash or any custom
folder).

OK, then that's why; it's only attempting to list the #mh/ namespace and not the other personal namespaces. Perhaps it's just listing the last one. If it only lists one, the first one would be a better choice.

So, since it insists on only querying the #mh namespace, I tried enabled
#mh in uw-imap.

What you did isn't sufficient, as you discovered; you actually have to create mailboxes in the mh format. I recommend that you don't do that, and that you delete your .mh_profile file as that will cause more problems than it solves.

Instead, you need to figure out how to make your client list the first personal namespace (which is the normal default namespace for any IMAP server).

So, what is the client doing that you think is wrong?
In this case, it was still "syncing". But initial sync should be done
after the fetch of the messages of the last 7 days, not take forever.

Well, that doesn't seem right. By doing an IDLE, it's clearly done with its interactions with the IMAP server and knows it. So it shouldn't be saying that it's still "syncing".

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc