Hi Volker,

* On 2009-10-14 Volker Schwicking <volker.schwick...@hosteurope.de> wrote  :

> Ok, after some playing around with dpkg-buildpackage and getting the
> right environment with debootstrap (etch with etch-backports because of
> the dpkg-devel and glibc2.2 requirements) i finally got the library
> running with apache-mpm-prefork.
>
> apache-process run as nobody:
> - - no FDs are closed (checked in /proc/<pid>/fd)
> - - error message persists
>
> apache-process run as as root:
> - - FDs are closed (checked in /proc/<pid>/fd)
> - - connection times out
> - - no error messages in the (any) logs
> - - no login attempt in the imap-logs (dovecot)
>
> So either way its not working for me.

Interesting. Like I said, it's a dirty hack which happened to work for
me, not tested elsewhere. But of course we can try to make it work for
you as well.

> Ico, could you give me some details on your setup?

I'm running apache2-mpm-prefork as well, running as the default debian
'www-data' user.

You probably understood that the idea of the patch is that all the log
fd's are closed, so the newly opened socket in imap_open() get's a fd
number < 1024. Maybe you could add some debug printf()'s to the added
patch to see which fd's are found and closed, this might give you some
insight in why it's not working ?

> This is really frustrating right now...

The whole thing is frustrating.

--