On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 21:03, darklow <dark...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried reinstalling all installed dependancies and run from clean sources,
> but no luck.
> I tried to run scripts with SQLAlchemy instead of SQLObject, but same error,
> so the problem is not there.

Perfect - these tests are really important to spot the problem.

> Every test takes about 1h, because error takes place in Actors Cast list.

Wait: I'll read the rest of your mails tomorrow, but this can help you
to do things faster: you don't need the other files at all.
Simply put the actors.list.gz file in a directory by itself, and run
imdbpy2sql.py
with this directory as "-d" argument.
You can even use a shorter version of actors.list.gz, just remember to leave
the lines at the begin and at the end (various separators are used to identify
where the data begin), like I did with the actors.lists.gz file that I attached
some days ago.

In the 'docs/goodies' directory you'll find the 'reduce.sh' script, which
takes a whole directory of *.list.gz files and reduce them to 1% of
their length.

> It makes me think that problem might be
> somewhere in cutting line in peaces, maybe it does something wrong, cuts
> some good unicode character into peaces and so invalid byte sequence
> appears.

My guess, too... it's just that I can't see where it happens... :-/

Thanks for your tests!

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/