On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 08:47, darklow <dark...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your patience and guiding through the tests, i really glad we
> finally found the problem and fixed it.

Yep, even if it took a little too long. :-)

> Just curious, why only me and one another user encountered this problem, but
> when you run the same tests, you didn't see the error? :)

It may have something to do with the use python library to connect to
Postgres.  Maybe some libraries handle gracefully this kind of error; I have
to check better the versions installed on my system and on the virtualenv
I've used to reproduce the bug.
In fact the right thing to do in such cases is to raise an exception (like in
our case); other databases - or libraries to connect to databases - like MySQL
simply ignore with a warning these errors (not a great idea).

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/