Thanks Ron ji. Its interesting.
But I don't think I can get to the place now. I can only check with the
herbarium specimen. The plant was collected way back in 2007 and I vaguely
remember its habit similar to that of Ipomoea carnea, I am not sure though.
The habitat was semi-aquatic.

Thanks once again for your comments. Let us know if any name comes to your
mind.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi