Satish ji, there seems to be a white-flowered form in Ipomoea carnea.* *The
name *I. **carnea* f. *albiflora *Moldenke is now synonym to I. carnea.
My plant was somewhat close to I. carnea but it was not that close to be
considered a form of I. carnea. Flowers are also much smaller than and
different from the latter sp.

Gurcharan ji, the varietal name I. soluta var. alba is not yet recognized
by IPNI and The Plant List, not even under I. campanulata or Stictocardia.
When there is change in genus name, will all its varieties  automatically
transferred to the new genus? In that case I. soluta var. alba should now
be considered/called as Stictocardia tiliifolia var. alba???

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi