Emiliano schrieb am Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 12:45:53PM +0100:
* Birger Toedtmann wrote:
*
* > * priviliged user (like the way cyrdeliver works) without needing each
* > * users' password.
* > [...]
* >
* > Who needs that?  You have the admin account which can do almost anything.
* > We administrate a very large userbase (>100k users, increasing) via this
* > admin account and IMAP4 utilising the very power of perl and supplied
* > modules
* >
* >   Cyurs::IMAP::Admin, Mail::IMAPClient.
* >
* > All administrative run as batch jobs and do not require any human inter-
* > ference unless no errors are reported.  I won't say it is fast but you
*
* I didn't know about Cyrus::IMAP::Admin. I'll look into it, but how would
* it gain access to the server without logging in? Or does it login (using
* IMAP?) with the admin account?

Yes, it does exactly the latter one.  Don't you use "cyradm"?  It is just
a perl script utilising Cyrus::IMAP::Admin which comes with all cyrus distri-
butions.  "cyradm" itself does *NOT* directly write or read files within
the cyrus structure but itself logs into the IMAP server with the admin
account.  So using "cyradm" or writing your own perl script is nearly the
same...

- Birger