I tell them to get it approved by the principal, and then tell the principal
it's a bad idea.

From: Lance Lennon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:58:40 -0600

So I am getting machines ready for public sale (these machines have
been replaced). Now every teacher (okay not every, but quite a few)
is asking why I don't place them in the classrooms.  They all "need"
more computers and feel that they should get these prior to them
being sold.  I explain that these machines are old and that we have a
replacement policy in place and if I keep placing older computers in
rooms, then I will eventually have to manage some 50,000 machines
(yeah that is an exageration, but give me some artistic license here).

So I am asking all of you, how do you handle this type of request
(Other than "Want in one hand and "spit" in the other")

Do any of you have written policies on computer replacement, public
auction, computer to student ratio.

I am just battling the staff on this and am very frustrated.  One
staffer has a close relationship (spouse) to a board member who is
now raising a bit of a stink even though that said board member voted
to okay the sale.  UGGHHH!

Pulling out the remainder of my hair, please send any info.

Thanks

--
"When I die I'm going to leave my body to science fiction."
     ~Steven Wright

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the schaller-crest.k12.ia.us server.]