We have had sales each of the last three years.  Public submits bids to the
supt. office and highest bids get systems until all sold.
Guess what?  We only sold about three systems each year.  Nobody wants these
old computers.  It is easy now to explain to my faculty why they don't want
these in their rooms.

Manson Northwest Webster-Home of the Cougars!
Brad Kruse          ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
Tech. Coord.         `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)
1601 15th St.        (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
Manson, IA 50563    _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'
712-469-3919       (li),'  ((!.-'
Fax 712-469-3131

>>> Lance Lennon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2/14/2008 8:58 AM >>>
So I am getting machines ready for public sale (these machines have been
replaced). Now every teacher (okay not every, but quite a few) is asking why I
don't place them in the classrooms. They all "need" more computers and feel
that they should get these prior to them being sold. I explain that these
machines are old and that we have a replacement policy in place and if I keep
placing older computers in rooms, then I will eventually have to manage some
50,000 machines (yeah that is an exageration, but give me some artistic license
here).

So I am asking all of you, how do you handle this type of request (Other than
"Want in one hand and "spit" in the other")

Do any of you have written policies on computer replacement, public auction,
computer to student ratio.

I am just battling the staff on this and am very frustrated. One staffer has a
close relationship (spouse) to a board member who is now raising a bit of a
stink even though that said board member voted to okay the sale. UGGHHH!

Pulling out the remainder of my hair, please send any info.

Thanks

--

"When I die I'm going to leave my body to science fiction."
~Steven Wright