After setting the logon user for the 3 services, did you restart those
services?

Do you have the settings correct for the other two sections of that
article?

Sounds like you need to divide and conquer.

First, figure out all problems on the inside of your network that
pertain to LightSpeed, ie users not showing up on reports, sites not
being blocked.

Second, figure out the problems with a single machine and using
LightSpeed Guide, ie sites not being blocked, connection to the server
from an outside address (firewall rules), getting updates while off the
school network

Third, tackle the terminal services issue.

Have you tried LightSpeed support? They are usually pretty helpful in
assisting with setup/functionality issues.