We use an Instructional Technology committee for this.

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Brad Kruse
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:58 AM
To: Info Tech
Subject: Re: [info-tech] technology advisory board

We have a committee that meets when needed during the year (maybe three
times).  It has teachers and administrators from each building and also
the supt.  We discuss technology that is used in the classroom,
problems/concerns, and also where we would like to go in the future.  It
is called the technology committee.  Members will also be used to
introduce new technology in their building when rolled out.

Manson Northwest Webster-Home of the Cougars!
Brad Kruse          ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
Tech. Coord.         `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)
1601 15th St.        (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
Manson, IA 50563    _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'
712-469-2245       (li),'  ((!.-'
Cell: 712-830-9665 Fax 712-469-3131

>>> Jackie Fonley <jfon...@algona.k12.ia.us> 12/15/2009 7:02 PM >>>

  Hey, all!  Do any of you have technology advisory boards? How do
they work? How often do you meet? I feel I need a "buy in" of staff
who see us moving forward. I have been rolling out some great things
with resistance (and i know that happens) -- but wondering if an
advisory group who also agrees helps the rollout process. My counter
to some have been  "would you visit a hospital with outdated
procedures/technology?".  But just curious in what others are doing.
Thanks-- and happy holidays to everyone.  I hope you enjoy your break!
Jackie