Your tech teacher award intrigues me . . . technology integration is one of our PD strands this year -- something like this would be interesting to roll out as we train staff how to use this. Do you have any additional information on this?
On Dec 16, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Henn, Layne wrote:

Jackie,
We really have 2. One is a larger group made up of teachers K-12. They are more of a study group for differentiated instruction and technology.
There are about 48 teachers in this group and meet 2x a month (once
virually and 1x face-face) to discuss instructional practice,
frustrations and upcoming stuff. These teachers act as trainers in our
buildings for using technology with instruction.
The other group is a instructional technology council.  The main focus
here is to review our quarterly "tech-teacher" award.  This is just
getting off the ground.  The group is board members, parents, AEA rep,
principal, teacher, student.   We will also use this group for moving
forward with online learning and potential 1:1 project.

Layne Henn

-----Original Message-----
From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Jackie Fonley
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:03 PM
To: Info Tech
Subject: [info-tech] technology advisory board

 Hey, all!  Do any of you have technology advisory boards? How do
they work? How often do you meet? I feel I need a "buy in" of staff
who see us moving forward. I have been rolling out some great things
with resistance (and i know that happens) -- but wondering if an
advisory group who also agrees helps the rollout process. My counter
to some have been  "would you visit a hospital with outdated
procedures/technology?".  But just curious in what others are doing.
Thanks-- and happy holidays to everyone.  I hope you enjoy your break!
Jackie