From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us]
On Behalf Of Lance Lennon
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:26 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] technology advisory board

While there may be some disagreement on the practicality and
usefulness of committees, they are required by the State in some areas
for the State visit. While not currently mandated, the technology
committee is very much recommended by the Site Visit Teams as per
instructions from the State DE.  I would recommend setting up one that
has an Administrator, Board Member, Faculty Member, and a Community
Member.

I really like the way that Layne described the setup in Sioux City.
That seems like a very good way to go. My only fear is that the once a
month non face to face meeting would be like herding cats. And with
Teachers (speaking as a teacher) non the less.

Just sayin...