The two pages for reference.
http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/spec/chapter_11_packages.html
http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/spec/chapter_12_namespaces.html

The spec's quite nice, although a bit of a nightmare to implement in parts ;) -

From what I've seen, and I've not been keeping up with all the posts - PHP's implementation looks a bit more like Javascript packages.

Regards
Alan

Keryx Web wrote:
Stanislav Malyshev skrev:

And they, btw, are not ashamed of calling it namespaces just because
it's not c++ ;)

Exactly. That was my main point. And, as I said,ECMAScript 4 will most probably be the main other language for most ordinary PHP developers, not Java and certainly not C. Especially the newbie ones!

From a pedagogic point of view I'd say "namespaces" is the better name.

Lars Gunther